The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 10th July 2018
Subject: 2 x New Vacancies at Lifesaving South Africa Head Office
Lifesaving South Africa seeks two experienced persons for the vacancies below to be based at the head office in Durban, South Africa:
Remuneration is negotiable
Note: The positions are subject to working a 40 hour week, which could entail weekend work from time to time at the prescribed overtime rates in accordance with the Basic Conditions of Service Act.
1. Book Keeper – Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities of a Book Keeper
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Issue quotes, invoices, credit to customers on a pastel system
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of the Association bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Work with the external accountant on staff salaries and VAT.
- Prepare information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts/ funding aids
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant variances to management
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Be Computer literate
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Book keeping in the Private Sector or Public Service
- A relevant comparable financial qualification
- Experience in overseeing the Cash Book, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, invoicing and preparing Books to Trial Balance.
- An understanding of the Legislative requirements i.e. VAT, Tax, U.I.F, SARS and B.C.E.A. Act
- A thorough understanding of Voluntary Lifesaving including Lifesaving Sport is an advantage
- Experience in Pastel and HR & Payroll Accounting
- Attention to Detail
2. Project Manager – Contract to end December 2019
Lifesaving SA has an opportunity for a dynamic Project Manager to assist the General Manager and Staff at our office in Durban
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Lifesaving SA General Manager and Directors with the delivery of strategic projects
- Conceptualize, plan and implement projects for the required divisions.
- Source and manage vendors relevant to LSA’s strategy, ensuring value for money and alignment to transformation and sustainability strategies.
- Responsible for Budget Control.
- Evaluate events and provide a report with possible future recommendations.
- Be able to build and maintain professional relationships with clients, guests and key stakeholders.
- Support to colleagues during planning and execution of events.
- Relevant diploma or certificate in Project Management
Skills & Experience:
- Computer Skills in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- A Minimum of 3 years relevant Project Management experience
- Commercial awareness of new trends with regards to Event Management
- Have a knowledge of the Basic Principles of Marketing
- A sound knowledge of etiquette that is followed or prescribed in social and/or professional settings
- Own transport
- Valid driver’s licence
- Be prepared to work after hours
- Be prepared to travel on a regular basis
- Knowledge and interest in Lifesaving will be an advantage
- Building and maintaining good relationships
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Concern for Accuracy
- Customer Service
- Planning and Organising skills
- Innovative Thinking
Should you be interested in either or both positions and meet the above requirements please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th July 2018.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)