Subject: Call for Athletes Committee
In terms of the National Constitution item 30.1 (k), the Director of Sport is calling for nominations for members to the Athletes Committee.
This committee will include the Director of Sport and one of each gender representative (i.e. 1 male and 1 female), from each Provincial member elected by the Athletes from the Provinces.
- Nominees shall be over Eighteen (18) years of age.
- Nominees shall be active lifesaving athletes or shall have been inactive for no more than 2 years.
- It is advisable that nominees shall be or have been National Lifesaving Team Members; however should a Province not have athletes meeting this criteria they must nominate a member of their Provincial Team.
- The Chairman and Secretary of the committee shall be elected at the first meeting.
- The Chairman of the Committee shall attend any meeting of the Management Board and Sport Committee if so requested.
- The Athletes Committee shall meet face to face once a year at National Championships. All other meetings shall be held as and when required by teleconference at the request of the Chairman and through the office of the Director of Sport.
- All meetings shall be minuted, and the minutes thereof shall be distributed electronically via e-mail, a copy there of shall be kept by Lifesaving South Africa.
It is anticipated that this committee will meet 2 to 3 times a year either in person or by teleconference to discuss any issues that athletes may encounter.
All nominations are to be submitted to [email protected] for the attention of the Director of Sport by no later than Friday 14th September 2018.
Yours in Lifesaving
(No Signature – Electronic Document)
Director : Sport