TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 18th October 2018
Subject: Lifesaving South Africa School’s Sport Program 2018/2019
Lifesaving South Africa is excited to announce the School Sport program for the 2018/2019 season, details hereunder:
- School going members from Grade 1 to Grade 12.
- Short Term – To raise the profile of Lifesaving Sport within the schools that existing members attend.
- Long Term – To grow Lifesaving Sport into a School Sports League
1. All Provinces are to identify events in their normal calendar of events, at which participants will be scored on a club and separately on a school basis.
2. Provinces are to receive entries in a manner that allows them to obtain contact details of the participant’s school to invite representation from the School, either the School Headmaster, Head of Sport or other representative, to attend the event and watch their learners participate.
3. All school going participants must ensure that their school stamps the attached School Sport Registration Form
4. Provinces are permitted to invite the schools to add learners who are not members to the event if so desired, it is however imperative that the non-member learners complete the permission to participate section of the registration form.
5. Provinces are to decide on their own project delivery plan within these guidelines and reward process e.g. certificates, medals, etc.
6. Provinces are to submit their project delivery plan and reward process along with an invoice for
R10 000.00 to Lifesaving SA by the 30th November 2018.
7. Provinces must then submit reports on each event including a list of schools which participated and the number of participants per school, as well of photographs taken at the event to Lifesaving SA within 14 days of the event being held.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)