TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 14th November 2018
Lifesaving South Africa seeks to appoint an experienced person for the position of a Project Manager for a 12-month contract to be based at the head office in Durban, South Africa:
Remuneration: R18 000 to R20 000 per month.
Note: The position is subject to working a 40-hour week, which could entail weekend work from time to time at the prescribed overtime rates in accordance with the Basic Conditions of Service Act.
- Project Manager – Contract to end December 2019
Lifesaving SA has an opportunity for a dynamic Project Manager to assist the General Manager and Staff at our office in Durban.
Successful incumbent must be Durban based for the full period of the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Lifesaving SA General Manager and Directors with the delivery of strategic projects
- Conceptualize, plan and implement projects for the required divisions.
- Source and manage vendors relevant to LSA’s strategy, ensuring value for money and alignment to transformation and sustainability strategies.
- Responsible for Budget Control.
- Evaluate events and provide a report with possible future recommendations.
- Be able to build and maintain professional relationships with clients, guests and key stakeholders.
- Support to colleagues during planning and execution of events.
- Relevant diploma or certificate in Project Management
Skills & Experience:
- Computer Skills in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- A Minimum of 3 years relevant Project Management experience
- Commercial awareness of new trends with regards to Event Management
- Have a knowledge of the Basic Principles of Marketing
- A sound knowledge of etiquette that is followed or prescribed in social and/or professional settings
- Own transport
- Valid driver’s license
- Be prepared to work after hours
- Be prepared to travel on a regular basis
- Knowledge and interest in Lifesaving will be an advantage
- Building and maintaining good relationships
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Concern for Accuracy
- Customer Service
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Innovative Thinking
Should you be interested in the position and meet the above requirements please send a copy of your CV to by the 28th November 2018.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)