TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 4th December 2018
Please find attached the entry forms and program for the 2019 General Tire South African Lifesaving Championships for Nipper: Pool and Surf; Junior and Senior: Pool and Surf; Masters Pool and Surf and Surf Boats.
Take note of the following:
Rules and Entry Conditions:
Surf: Per the 15th Edition Competition Manual, October 2015 and amendments as per Circulars 02/17 and 203/17
Pool: Per the 14th Edition Competition Manual, February 2016 and amendments as per Circular 14/17 and 08/18
Cut-off date for awards as per circular 160/18 of the 30th October 2018: 31st January 2019.
All paperwork to be received in Head Office by Monday, 15th February 2019
To be returned, duly completed with Entry Forms A by midnight Friday, 22nd February 2019.
- Programme of Events
- Entry Forms:
Forms A – List all the competitors’ names on separate forms for Masters, Seniors, Juniors and Nippers
As before, pre-entries are not required except for 1 event – Surf Boat.
- The competing club will be responsible to enter the individual and team events of competitors; whose names will be loaded by the office. The cut-off date for entering these events will be the 15th March 2019.
- Further information on the Event Carnival Management System relating to the link, a basic instruction guide and access codes will be advised separately on receipt on your Form An information
- Entries will not be processed until proof of full payment is received.
- Forward payment advice to Head Office
Fax: 031-3125612 or 0866 159 716)
Post: 35 Livingstone Road
- Please ensure the "beneficiary reference" box states the “club’s name and GT SA Champs 2019"
Entry fees for the GT South African Lifesaving Championships 2019 are inclusive of VAT:
- Seniors R 530.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/15 R 530.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/17 R 530.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/19 R 530.00 per competitor
- Additional Age Group R 130.00 per competitor and per championship
E.g. Joe Soap is 18 years competing in 2 age groups (Junior and Senior). Will pay (U19) R 530.00 + (Senior) R130.00 = R 660.00
- Nippers R530.00 per competitor
- Masters R370.00 per competitor
Masters competing as Seniors or Boat Crew will pay R370 + R130 = R500 per person.
Masters competing as Seniors and Boat Crew will pay R370 + R130 + R130 = R630.00 per person
- Surf Boats R1850.00 per boat / R 130.00 per sweep used in 2nd boat competition.
Entries closing date / Late entries:
Closing date for entries is Friday, 22nd February 2019 (midnight). Any entry received after the aforementioned date will be deemed a late entry and will liable for the payment of the late entry fee of R870.00 per entry.
Fines & Penalties:
· There is a R1000 fine per breach of entry regulations, plus a rejection of the appropriate defaulter and further
· Disciplinary action may be taken.
· Late Annual Retest – R800.00
NB Please note:
8.3.3 Annual Retest
- All competitors must have a LA retest to enter a competition sanctioned by LSA that must be renewed annually or current JLA if under 16 years of age.
- A current retest is a test conducted within 12 months from the date of the last award or retest undertaken.
- Entrants who have completed their retest after the expiry of the 12-month period from their last retest are classed as late entries. These will be subject to the late annual retest fee of R800.00
- No late retests for competitors will be accepted after the closing date of 22nd February 2019 which is 30 days prior to the start of the SA Championships.
- Retests undertaken between 31st January to 22nd February 2019 and submitted for entry after the closing date shall only be accepted in exceptional circumstances by written application to the Director: Sport, after having first been endorsed by the Regional Chief Examiner prior to the assessment being undertaken. These late entries will be subject to an additional late entry penalty of R870 should the application be approved by the Directors.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
DO NOT enter anyone who:
1. Has no appropriate Lifeguard Award, or Junior Lifeguard Award (U/16).
2. Has not passed the current annual retest.
3. Has not done a minimum of 20 voluntary duty hours between 1 February 2018 to 31 January 2019.
Paperwork in HO
Annual retest final date is 31 January 2019 for entry to the SA Championships
- Late annual retests (subject to R800 penalty) 15 February 2019
- Lifeguard Award, Junior Lifeguard Award 15 February 2019
- Entry Forms A (Seniors, Juniors, Masters) 15 February 2019
The dates and times are subject to change:
Masters and Special Surf: Saturday, 23rd March at 16h30 in the King’s Beach SLC Club House
Nippers Surf: Sunday, 24th March at 17h30 in the King’s Beach SLC Clubhouse
Masters Pool: Monday, 25rd March at 08h30 at the Newton Park Swimming Pool
Junior/Senior Pool: Monday, 25th March at 08h30 at the Newton Park Swimming Pool
Junior /Senior Surf: Wednesday, 27th March at 17h30 at King’s Beach SL Clubhouse
Nippers Pool: Thursday, 28th March at 08h00 at the Newton Park Swimming Pool
Access to Competition Arena’s:
Each team may only have one member of team management in the competition arena or on pool deck at any one time.
This member of Team Management must be clearly identified as a team member i.e. clothed in club apparel with his/her LSA accreditation card. Any team not complying with this can be disqualified.
It is the responsibility of the team manager to ensure that he/she is aware of all and any medical conditions or treatment of any of his/her club participating competitors. Team Managers are to submit the necessary Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) forms for competitors at the Managers Meeting – blank forms are in the appendix of the Surf Competition Manual (Appendix 10. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that they are adequately covered for Medical, Hospital, Dental and Personal Accident and Injury insurance.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)