TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 7th January 2019
Further to Circular 158/18, please be advised that the date for the 2019 Lifesaving SA Open Water National Championships has changed to take place on Saturday, 9th March 2019 at Rustfontein Dam in Free State.
Please find attached the entry forms for the 2019 Lifesaving South African Open Water Championships for Nipper, Junior, Senior and Masters.
Take note of the following:
Rules and Entry Conditions:
Surf: Per the 15th Edition Competition Manual, October 2015 and amendments as per Circulars 02/17 and 203/17
Pool: Per the 14th Edition Competition Manual, February 2016 and amendments as per Circular 14/17 and 08/18
Cut-off date for awards as per circular 160/18 of the 30th October 2018: 31st January 2019.
All paperwork to be received in Head Office by Monday, 15th February 2019
To be returned, duly completed with Entry Forms A and B by midnight Friday, 8th February 2019.
- Entry Forms:
Forms A and B – List all the competitors’ names on separate forms for Masters, Seniors, Juniors and Nippers.
- Entries will be loaded into the Meet Manager Event Management System
- Entries will not be processed until proof of full payment is received.
- Forward payment advice to Head Office
Fax: 031-3125612 or 0866 159 716)
- Post: 35 Livingstone Road
- Please ensure the "beneficiary reference" box states the “club’s name and LSA OW Champs 2019"
Entry fees for the LSA Openwater Championships 2019 are:
- Seniors R 400.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/15 R 400.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/17 R 400.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/19 R 400.00 per competitor
- Nippers R 400.00 per competitor
- Masters R 400.00 per competitor
Entries closing date / Late entries:
Closing date for entries is Friday, 8th February 2019 (midnight). Any entry received after the aforementioned date will be deemed a late entry and will liable for the payment of the late entry fee of R870.00 per entry.
Fines & Penalties:
· There is a R1000 fine per breach of entry regulations, plus a rejection of the appropriate defaulter and further
· Disciplinary action may be taken.
· Late Annual Retest – R800.00
· All entry fees are non-refundable.
DO NOT enter anyone who:
1. Has no appropriate Lifeguard Award, or Junior Lifeguard Award (U/16).
2. Has not passed the current annual retest.
3. Has not done a minimum of 20 voluntary duty hours between 1 February 2018 to 31 January 2019.
Paperwork in HO
Annual retest final date is 31 January 2019 for entry to the SA Championships
- Late annual retests (subject to R800 penalty) 15 February 2019
- Lifeguard Award, Junior Lifeguard Award 15 February 2019
- Entry Forms A (Seniors, Juniors, Masters) 15 February 2019
Nippers, Junior /Senior and Masters: Saturday 9th March, 8am, Rustfontein Dam, Free State
Access to Competition Arena’s:
Each team may only have one member of team management in the competition arena at any one time.
This member of Team Management must be clearly identified as a team member i.e. clothed in club apparel with his/her LSA accreditation card. Any team not complying with this can be disqualified.
It is the responsibility of the team manager to ensure that he/she is aware of all and any medical conditions or treatment of any of his/her club participating competitors. Team Managers are to submit the necessary Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) forms for competitors at the Managers Meeting – blank forms are in the appendix of the Surf Competition Manual (Appendix 10. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that they are adequately covered for Medical, Hospital, Dental and Personal Accident and Injury insurance.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)