TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 28th February 2019
As informed in Circular 45/17 and noted below for ease of reference, any individual, club and/or province found to have been involved in any form of Initiation will face Disciplinary action.
In light of various internal and external legal issues that have arisen as a result of Initiation practices, the Management Board of LSA has decided to ban all forms of Initiation with immediate effect.
An initiation practice includes but is not limited to:
- Body tagging of any form, Tattoos may be used as per the competition manual.
- Shaving of hair, eyebrows or any other part of the body,
- Belittling or bullying of any competitor,
- The wearing of any demeaning clothing or outfits
- The partaking of any alcohol by any minor,
- The partaking of any illicit substance by any team member,
- Any nudity or sexually provocative acts.
(No signature – electronic document)