Please note an error to the following rule which should not be deleted:
Section 2.6.3: Determining Age Group: Note 3:
3. Junior competitors are only allowed to compete in their own respective junior age category. However, the U/17’s and U/19’s may compete in the senior(open) age group, but the U/17’s may not compete in the U/19 age group and the U/15’s can only compete in their own age group category.
Updated amendments attached.
Lifesaving South Africa
TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs and Technical Officials
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 8th March 2019
Please find attached the amendments to the Surf Competition Manual (15th Edition of October 2015). The amendments come into effect as from 15th March 2019. Please make all Team Managers, Coaches and Athletes aware of these amendments.
The amendments to the Competition Manual are basically corrections, clarifications and additions. Approved amendments as per circular 02/17 and 203/17- “Amendments to the Surf Competition Manual (15th Edition of October 2015)” are shown in italics, for ease of updating the manual.
The changes are:
- Clarification in Membership, Duty Obligations and Duel Membership, Competitive Transfer, Determining Age Group, Substitution of Competitors.
- In Masters replacing the Board Rescue event by the Taplin Relay (3 persons Taplin event).
- In the Taplin defining where the tag from the last water leg to the runner takes place (4 person Taplin event).
- Clarifying the various Inter-Club Aggregates – Ocean and Pool and Ocean to be contested at the Championships
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)