TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 14th June 2019
In terms of the National Constitution item 30.1 (k), the Director of Sport is calling for nominations for members to the Athletes Committee.
This committee will include the Director of Sport and one of each gender representative (i.e. 1 male and 1 female), from each Provincial member elected by the Athletes from the Provinces.
- Nominees shall be over Eighteen (18) years of age.
- Nominees shall be active lifesaving athletes or shall have been inactive for no more than 2 years.
- It is advisable that nominees shall be or have been National Lifesaving Team Members; however should a Province not have athletes meeting this criteria they must nominate a member of their Provincial Team or a Boatie member.
- The Chairman and Secretary of the committee shall be elected at the first meeting.
- The Chairman of the Committee shall attend any meeting of the Management Board and Sport Committee if so requested.
- The Athletes Committee shall meet face to face once a year at National Championships. All other meetings shall be held as and when required by teleconference at the request of the Chairman and through the office of the Director of Sport.
- All meetings shall be minuted, and the minutes thereof shall be distributed electronically via e-mail, a copy there of shall be kept by Lifesaving South Africa.
It is anticipated that this committee will meet 2 to 3 times a year either in person or by teleconference to discuss any issues that athletes may encounter.
Yours in Lifesaving
(No Signature – Electronic Document)
Director : Sport