TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
Saint Andrews Club Executive
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 17th July 2019
Herewith is the 2019/2020 Annual Retest Protocols as set by the Lifesaving Committee effective immediately.
Please take careful note of the following general comments – to Provincial / District Chief Examiners, Assessors/Examiners and Clubs on the attached protocol.
- Swim tests must be completed in a minimum of a 25m swimming pool. Applications for dispensation for a deviation from pool to surf must be submitted in writing to the Director of Lifesaving at least 14 days prior to the assessment being under taken.
- All retests must be completed within 12 months of the previous assessment date.
- Retests completed after the expiry of the 12 month period from their last retest are classed as late entries. These will be subject to the late entry fee at National Championships.
- Kindly ensure that the name of the candidate is clearly and correctly printed onto the retest form (forms obtainable from head office)
- Application for assessment must be received by the RCE at least 14 days prior to the assessment date.
- Online applications for assessment will be accepted via www.lifesavingsa.org.za
- Applications for assessment must be accompanied by the respective and appropriate ID and Indemnity Documents. Should the documents be uploaded and accessible in the data base copies do not need to be submitted to LSA
- Only original signed assessment worksheets are acceptable
- All yellow copies of retests appropriately endorsed by the Provincial/ District Chief Examiners are to be received by head office within 6 weeks of the assessment to avoid any penalty being charged
Proof of payment must accompany all and any private retest submissions.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)
Director of Lifesaving