TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 17th September 2019
Lifesaving South Africa is calling for applications for the National Team Manager and Coaches for the 2020 – 2022 International Tours.
- Appointment to specific tours in 2020 – 2022 will be made from this group
- Team Management will be required to travel both locally and internationally
- The appointment process will follow the commitments of our National Constitution “not to discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, sex, origin, colour, sexual orientation, religion, conscience, belief, culture or birth”
- Term of office: min. of 2 years, availability
- All successful applicants must be available to attend any training and development courses as required by LSA.
- All successful applicants are expected to work closely with the Director of Sport and LSA Management.
- Successful applicants may be required to limit their involvement in Provincial or National positions.
- Team management will be required to cover a portion of tour costs to be advised with each tour.
- Tours will take place subject to funding.
- Manage the High Performance and Training and Development Squads.
- Set personal goals and outcomes for all athletes and teams.
- Develop Training Programs for athlete development.
- Monitor performance at club, regional, national and international level.
- Logistical management for training camps and tours.
- Assist with the raising of funds for LSA Sport training and tours.
- Work as a team to ensure adequate competency and continuity.
- Have experience at Provincial and/or Senior Club Level
- Financial Management
- Strategic ability
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Good Judgment
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Creative thinking
- Conflict Management
- Relationship Building
- Interpersonal Skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Diplomacy / Tact
- Achievement Orientation
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are to submit a detailed CV with relevant experience and any qualification to [email protected] for the attention the Director of Sport by Thursday, 10th October 2019.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)
Craig Van Rooyen