TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 16th January 2020
Please find attached the entry forms for the 2020 Lifesaving South African Open Water Championships for Nipper, Junior, Senior and Masters to be held at Buffelspoort Dam in Rustenburg on Saturday, 29th February 2020.
Take note of the following:
Rules and Entry Conditions:
Surf: Per the 15th Edition Competition Manual, October 2015 and amendments as per Circulars 02/17, 203/17 and 43/19
Pool: Per the 14th Edition Competition Manual, February 2016 and amendments as per Circular 14/17 and 08/18
Cut-off date for awards as per circular 134/19 of the 15th October 2019: 31st January 2020.
All paperwork to be received in Head Office by Monday, 15th February 2020
To be returned, duly completed with Entry Forms A and B by midnight Friday, 7th February 2020.
- Entry Forms:
Forms A and B – List all the competitors’ names on separate forms for Masters, Seniors, Juniors and Nippers.
- Entries will be loaded into the Meet Manager Event Management System
- Entries will not be processed until proof of full payment is received.
- Forward payment advice to Head Office
Fax: 031-3125612 or 0866 159 716)
- Post: 35 Livingstone Road
- Please ensure the "beneficiary reference" box states the “club’s name and LSA OW Champs 2020"
Entry fees for the LSA Openwater Championships 2020 are:
- Seniors R 450.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/15 R 450.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/17 R 450.00 per competitor
- Junior – U/19 R 450.00 per competitor
- Nippers R 450.00 per competitor
- Masters R 450.00 per competitor
Entries closing date / Late entries:
Closing date for entries is Friday, 7th February 2020 (midnight). Any entry received after the aforementioned date will be deemed a late entry and will liable for the payment of the late entry fee of R870.00 per entry.
Fines & Penalties:
· There is a R1000 fine per breach of entry regulations, plus a rejection of the appropriate defaulter and further
· Disciplinary action may be taken.
· Late Annual Retest – R800.00
· All entry fees are non-refundable.
DO NOT enter anyone who:
1. Has no appropriate Lifeguard Award, or Junior Lifeguard Award (U/16).
2. Has not passed the current annual retest.
3. Has not done a minimum of 20 voluntary duty hours between 1 February 2019 to 31 January 2020.
Paperwork in HO
Annual retest final date is 31 January 2020 for entry to the SA Championships
- Late annual retests (subject to R800 penalty) 15 February 2020
- Lifeguard Award, Junior Lifeguard Award 15 February 2020
- Entry Forms A (Seniors, Juniors, Masters) 15 February 2020
Nippers, Junior /Senior and Masters: Saturday 29th February 2020, 8am, Buffelspoort Dam, Rustenburg
Access to Competition Arena’s:
Each team may only have one member of team management in the competition arena at any one time.
This member of Team Management must be clearly identified as a team member i.e. clothed in club apparel with his/her LSA accreditation card. Any team not complying with this can be disqualified. Please note that there is a parking fee of R50 at the Buffelspoort Dam.
It is the responsibility of the team manager to ensure that he/she is aware of all and any medical conditions or treatment of any of his/her club participating competitors. Team Managers are to submit the necessary Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) forms for competitors at the Managers Meeting – blank forms are in the appendix of the Surf Competition Manual (Appendix 10. It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that they are adequately covered for Medical, Hospital, Dental and Personal Accident and Injury insurance.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)
Craig Van Rooyen