TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 13th February 2020
With a few weeks to go to the Wimpy South African Lifesaving Championships we have a few update pointers for the clubs:
Dates for Nationals: Pool
Juniors / Seniors : 19th – 21st March 2020
Masters : 23rd March 2020
Nippers : 23rd – 24th March 2020
Nippers : 19th – 21st March 2020
Masters : 22nd March 2020
Juniors / Seniors : 23rd – 25th March 2020
Attached is a newsletter from the Surf Host Club i.e. Kings Beach SLC for your attention.
Tent Hire on the Beach:
Tents are 5 x 5m:
If booked separately
Period 1 – Nippers + Masters: 19th – 22nd March 2020 – R2000.00
Period 2 – Juniors / Seniors: 23rd – 25th March 2020 – R2000.00
If booked for the Combined period 19th – 25th March 2020 – R3000.00
Clubs are requested to reference their payments for the tent hire with TENT + PER1 or PER2 or COMB + CLUB NAME and make payments to Lifesaving SA:
Direct Deposits: Bank: First National Bank
Branch: Florida Road
Account Number: 50846259717
Branch Code: 220526
Please note Space allocation is at a premium and will be made on a first come first served basis. Tent hire will close on the 29th February 2020.
Craft Transport: At this point in time no assistance will be given to transport club crafts across to PE. Clubs are to make the necessary arrangements.
Safety Officers: Clubs are required to supply a minimum of 1 safety officer per 10 nippers entered for the Nipper Surf events taking place from 19th – 21st March 2020 at King’s Beach. The names of the safety officers must be completed on the attached template and forwarded to Tess Kotze on [email protected] before the 2nd March 2020.
Brief description of a Safety Officer:
- The Safety officers (SO) are required to have either a LA or a JLA award. Both LA/JLA SO’s must be strong surf proficient swimmers.
- The SO’s will be on duty on the 3 surf arenas whilst all water events are taking place.
- A minimum of 10 SO will be in the water with a Torpedo buoy (your club must supply) during an event.
- SO need to be available for the 3 days of nipper events, they are to report to Tess in the main tent area at the club house every morning for a briefing of the day’s events and where they are needed and what is required of them
- In brief SO’s are on duty to ensure that all nippers taking part in water events are kept safe.
- Please ensure that the SO has a wetsuit, they do get cold and cannot leave the arena during an event.
- A specific tent will be provided for the SO to relax in while not in the water. This is to ensure that all SO are kept together should the program change, we cannot be running around looking for SO
- Duty hours will be counted for the next seasons duty requirements, each SO must sign on and off daily in the duty book provided.
Pink Vests: Clubs are reminded to place their orders for the pink vests timeously. Old and faded vests are to be replaced prior to the championships. Competitors may be requested to replace their vests on the day should the colour be too faded. These vests are a safety requirement for all open water events.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)