TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 21st April 2021
As indicated on Circular 177/20, Lifesaving South Africa will require proof of clearances for criminal, sexual and child protection offences from all those dealing with minors. These clearances will be undertaken by The Guardian.
Please be advised the cost for all 3 clearances is R250 excluding vat however Lifesaving South Africa will charge a reduced rate of R120 excluding vat for the members first clearance.
We have been advised that The Guardian’s Fingerprint Technician will be in Durban on the following days:
- Saturday, 24th April 2021 at Kings Park Swimming Pool from 08h00 – 09h00
- Monday, 26th April 2021 at Durban Surf Lifesaving Club from 08h00 – 09h00
Please click on the link below to make a booking and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an invoice for payment. If you do not request an invoice for payment you will be charged the full rate of R250 ex vat.
2. The attached consent forms will need to be filled in prior to the appointment. Signing of these documents must be done in the presence of the technician on the day of screening.
3. Once payment has been received your time slot will be confirmed. This email will also include the necessary documentation for screening so you can prepare accordingly.
B – Requirements and Turnaround time for Checks
- Original ID book/ card or passport book in good conditions, driver’s license will not be accepted.
- Original certified copy of your ID or passport, not older than 3 months.
- SOR Consent Form
- CRIM Consent Form
- CPR Consent Form
- FORM 30
- Own black pen
- Must be wearing a mask.
- You are required to have fingerprints taken. The process will not take longer than 5 minutes per person, provided you have all the correct documentation.
- Results will be emailed to you for record purposes so please ensure that you add your email address on the consent forms.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)