TO: The Provincial/ District Chairman
The Provincial/ District Offices for onward distribution to Clubs
Lifesaving Eastern Cape Club Chairman and Secretaries
CC: The President, Vice President and Members of the Management Board, Directors
ILS Sport Commission Secretary – Jelle Meintsma, General Manager and LSA Staff
Date: 12th May 2021
Lifesaving South Africa’s long-standing commercial and marketing partnership with the Treble Group has broken new ground with the announcement that Treble is now LSA’s official media partner going forward.
This new development will see Treble managing LSA’s social media platforms, while also implementing a communication strategy that will be to the benefit of all Lifesaving clubs across South Africa with the key objective to create a culture that will allow the clubs to work together.
The five areas of collective vision that LSA aim to communicate through its various media channels are:
– The promotion of the sport (including the LSA National Club and Provincial Championships) and a healthy active lifestyle.
– Promoting the contribution of LSA to South Africa’s beaches, waterways and public swimming pools, while also focusing on young South Africans who sacrifice their weekends and holidays for their fellow citizens.
– LSA’s contribution to job creation in South Africa and the life skills development through its training programmes, which the lifeguards take with them for the rest of their lives.
– The major contribution that LSA’s services bring to the hospitality and tourism sector, while also playing an integral role in maintaining a high standard of safety in the various municipalities around the country.
– And most importantly, focusing on youth development initiatives such as Water Safety and the prevention of drowning through our Watersmart Programme.
For these key objectives to be fulfilled, there needs to be a collective buy-in from all the Lifesaving clubs so that Treble can liaise and engage directly with all the respective club’s social media representatives through a dedicated Whatsapp group. Social media only works when we are all social together.
Going forward this form of media communication will play a highly beneficial role in ensuring the accurate reporting and sharing of LSA’s news that includes rescue reports, open days, weather reports, incidents, club news, safety warnings, events and notable achievements.
LSA looks forward to building on our strong relationship with the Treble Group as we look ahead to a more inclusive digital solution that creates awareness around water safety and showcases every aspect of LSA as an organisation that massively contributes to saving lives in South Africa.
Please can we request each club nominates or appoints one person to become their Media Manager.
The Media Manager will report news items to the LSA designated Media Officer for National distribution across all Social Media Platforms.
Media Items are to be reported either:
1. Directly via WhatsApp
2. Indirectly by tagging @LifesavingSouthAfrica on Face Book; @LifesavingSA on Twitter; lifesavingsouthafrica on Instagram; and https://www.linkedin.com/company/lifesaving-south-africa
Media Officers will be briefed by Treble Marketing on the practical requirements.
Yours in lifesaving
(No Signature – electronic document)