- The pool events will be taking place at the Coetzenburg Swimming Pool, Stellenbosch University on the 6th of August 2022.
- There will be tuck shop available at the pool.
- No entrance or parking fee required.
- Lots of parking will be available at the centre and pool area.
- Beach events will be taking place at the Strand Beach, Cape Town on the 7th August 2022.
- Unfortunately, the parking at the Strand Surf Lifesaving Club will be limited to Technical Officials only.
- Should your Province be interested in hiring a 6 x 9m stretch tent at a cost of R3300 for the day, please contact Mr Craig Van Rooyen on email@example.com or 082 491 9196.
Vendors available at the beach:
- Ishushu Piazza wood fired truck- Selling Piazza and Burgers
- Strand Tuckshop will be inside the kiteboarding club house, selling cool drinks, chips, chocolates, sweets, toasted sandwiches, hotdogs and breakfast buns
- Bean Spoiled coffee stand- all hot drinks, plus Muffins, croissants
Restaurants in the area – along Strand Beach Road
- Ocean Basket (sushi and fish)
- Bens on the Beach (wholesome food, steak, pasta, fish, etc.)
- le Brasserie (Belgium cuisine a little spoil lovely outside deck for drinks)
For group bookings at these restaurants- Provinces must please book max 6/8pax per table
- Strand Surf Lifesaving Club will be hosting a Bring & Braai on Friday evening (braai drums and wood will only be available) please contact Michelle on 082 784 6600 should your Province be interested in joining the Bring & Braai.
- Craft Storage – should you Province require craft storage, please contact Michelle on 082 784 6600.
- The Lifesaving SA Surf Boat Representative, Mr Dave Clements will be hosting a Surfboat Information Type Workshop on Sunday, 7th August from about 13h30/14h00.
Topics of the workshop will cover:
- Boats and Equipment – make up of a crew and what you need to know
- Competition and how races are staged at SA Champs etc
- Maintenance and costs of Equipment
- Rowing in SA going forward